Welcome to Year 4!
Summer Term 2018
The Summer term has arrived and year 4 have come back from the Easter holidays with a fantastic learning attitude!
They are extremely excited to be exploring British kings and queens and are beside themselves with excitement to learn about historic crime and punishment.
Things to note:
- PE is on Monday and Thursday. Please could you ensure that children have correct PE kit in school and appropriate footwear. Children will need both indoor and outdoor kits.
- Now it is the Summer term please could the children have their PE kits in everyday so that we can utilise all opportunities to do outdoor PE
- Maths and English homework will be sent home on a Friday and is due in the following Wednesday.
- Reading - please can you ensure that your child reads for 20 minutes, 5 x week. To aid comprehension, please could you read with your child at least 2 x week and ask them questions about what they are reading.
- Spellings will be sent home on a Friday also and will be tested the following Wednesday. Alongside homework, the children are asked to write sentences for their spellings.
- As well as homework each week, it would be much appreciated if you could practise times tables with your children. The children are tested their timestables weekly and will know what timestable they are working on.
Thank you for your continuing support. Please do not hesitate to contact me if you have any questions.